Friday 25 October | 7-9pm | The Grand, The Leas, Folkestone CT20 2XL | Free
Readers in Kent will not want to miss the opportunity to meet an impressive and diverse line-up of both traditionally-published and indie-published authors on the 25 October.
Over 25 writers, from the romantic comedy, contemporary romantic fiction, crime, historical novels, children’s books, thrillers and sagas will present their work to the public in the fabulous Dining Room of The Grand, in Folkestone.
There will be something to cater to every taste. This event has been organised by Colette Kebell in conjunction with The Grand, Folkestone, who is very kindly facilitating it.
There shall be tea/coffee and biscuits, but should anyone want something a little stronger the bars of The Grand shall gladly cater for those.
There shall be a raffle draw on the evening of the event which is free to enter. The lucky winner shall receive a signed copy of a book from each author in attendance. The draw is set to take place at 8.45pm to allow for as many entrants as possible.
These are the authors who shall be in attendance:
- Elaine Everest – Sunday Times Bestselling Author of Kent-based WW2 Sagas
- Sue Moorcroft - Sunday Times and International Bestselling Author who has held the number #1 spot on Amazon Kindle
- Jean Fullerton – Bestselling Author and Queen of East End Sagas
- Elaine Roberts – Author of Historical Fiction, particularly Family Sagas
- Karen Aldous - Author of Bestselling Romance and Family Sagas
- Michelle Birkby – Sherlock Holmes is not the only detective at 221b Baker Street
- Katie Ginger – Author of The Little Theatre on the Seafront which was short-listed for the Katie Fforde Debut Romantic Novel Award 2019
- Kerry Barnes – Bestselling Gangland Crime Thriller Author
- Emma Pullar - Bestselling and award-winning author of dark fiction and children’s books
- Lizzie Chantree – Bestselling Author
- Joy M Lilley – Author of four books found on Amazon.com and Amazon.co.uk
- Tony Barnes – a Local vet, turned Author
- Greta Sykes – Poet, Painter and author of historical fiction Under Charred Skies
- Sarah Stephenson – Author of entertaining dog diaries and crime fiction
- Tony Bassett – Author of a Crime Novel set in Canterbury and ex-Fleet St Journalist
- Roger Nolan - Historian and Author
- Natalie Kleinman – Author of Historical and Contemporary Romantic Fiction
- Lindsay Fairgrieve – Author of A mature student in China
- Denis Pepper – Author of Historical Fiction, centred round Folkestone
- Colette Kebell – An eclectic author of chick-lit, crime and other genres
- Philip Hadland – Author of Fossils of Folkestone, Kent
- D A Kent – Local researchers turned authors
- Mark Stibbe – Bestselling and award-winning author, professional writer and CEO of BookLab
- Trevor Twohig – Author of Sunny Sands, a fast-paced thriller set on the Kentish coast
- Mike Shanahan – Rainforest biologist and award-winning science journalist