Artists of international reputation who use digital technology are invited to submit proposals to be realised for Folkestone Triennial 2020.
Proposals should be submitted to Lewis Biggs, Curator of Folkestone Triennial 2020 by Monday 29 July, at email@example.com
The proposed artwork must:
• address Folkestone as a specific locality and population
• directly address / use as content themes of current and future global significance
• use / enable visitors to use Virtual Reality as an integral component of the artwork
• be sufficiently realised by 30 June 2020 for documentation to be made and media material to be completed
• be capable of running, open to the public daily, from 5 September to 8 November 2020, and the costings must reflect this
The written proposal should be in .pdf format and include:
• an overall budget figure for which the project can be realized, and a breakdown to show how the funds will be raised (including those to be provided by Creative Folkestone)
• sufficient detail (eg equipment to be used, location, staffing and training requirements) to be credible, both as regards feasibility and costing
• an outline (themes, names of speakers) for a public programme at a high level of academic achievement and interest
Artists will be considered only if they have an international reputation / track record as the recipient of commissions in the context of galleries, museums, art fairs. Previous commissions must be detailed in the submission.