Welcome to Open Sesame, Creative Folkestone's incubator for artistic practice. Originally started during the lockdown in 2020 as a way to support local artists, we are delighted to continue the programme and meet more exciting creatives. Read on and get involved.
The Quarterhouse auditorium and Block 67 are available for free use by local creatives and the Folkestone community as part of Open Sesame. If you are looking for a space for rehearsals, training, research & development, recording, live streaming, small meetings, wigging out or primal screaming, we can offer the spaces to you when they are not being used for performances, hires or our learning programme.
If you would like to book some time in the space, please contact Louella Ward email@example.com
We’re offering the space for free but we’d like as many people as possible to benefit so ask for what you need and share the love. We’ll try to accommodate everybody.
We have just announced the second round of Sesame Seed Funding. Open Sesame Seed offers seed funding of £1,000 to artists and creatives living and working in East Kent. Click here for more information
Covid-19 is still lurking around and it is important that we work together to keep everyone safe. We have a number of procedures in place to do this and will maintain a rigorous approach during Open Sesame.
To help keep visitors safe, we are:
- encouraging social distancing where possible
- inviting visitors to wear face coverings as much as possible
- providing hand sanitiser encouraging increased handwashing amongst visitors and staff
- encouraging staff to work from home as much as possible
- operating an increased cleaning schedule
- ensuring a well-ventilated auditorium
Before your visit we are asking you to:
- wear your mask as much as possible whilst in the building
- take a lateral flow test before coming to make sure you're not putting others at risk
By working together we can reduce the spread of the virus and have a good time whilst we do it. We look forward to welcoming you to Quarterhouse.