The two Boards of Trustees of the Roger De Haan Charitable Trust and Creative Folkestone have agreed to establish and administer respectively a fund to encourage new festivals and artistic events. The purpose is to enliven and animate the arts scene in and around the old town and encourage participatory events for the benefit of the community and visitors alike.
It is anticipated that projects will benefit from seed-corn funding to help realise projects that have merit and that might otherwise struggle to reach fruition. It is not envisaged that this should be the sole funding source.
Applications will be considered from arts groups or organisations based in the Folkestone area with aspirations to develop:
- New and exciting festival ideas based around the Creative Quarter and harbour
- Artistic displays or exhibitions by local groups
- Live performance or street animation
The selection panel may use some or all of the following criteria when assessing applications:
- Demonstration of a sound, practical delivery plan
- How support and volunteers will be mobilised to contribute to the event
- Evidence of community engagement
- A sensible approach to finance and evaluation
- A sound marketing and PR campaign that aims to reach your target audiences
Grants are available up to £5,000 per project. The panel will only consider culture related (music, theatre, performance, visual arts etc) projects, festivals and events and notany sport initiatives.
How to apply:
Head of Marketing and Engagement Creative Folkestone
Kent CT20 1BN
Please also enclose or attach any supporting material that demonstrates the experience and expertise of your organisation or community group.
There is no timetable for applications, and the selection panel will meet as required, but please endeavour to apply at least three months in advance of the proposed date of the planned project.