Creative Folkestone is a visionary arts charity dedicated to supporting the regeneration of Folkestone through creative activity. Working with the people of Folkestone, partners and stakeholders we aim to transform the town making it a better place to live, work, visit and study.
Creative Folkestone believes in the power of creativity to transform people, places and communities. We are passionate about this and believe it will inspire others to be curious and imagine a changed future.
As part of this transformation, the two Boards of Trustees of the Roger De Haan Charitable Trust and Creative Folkestone have agreed to establish a Festivals Fund to encourage new festivals and artistic activities centred around Folkestone’s Creative Quarter for the benefit of the community and visitors to the town.
Grants are available up to £5,000. Applications will be considered from arts groups, companies, organisations or sole traders based in the Folkestone area with aspirations to develop new and exciting festivals with community involvement. The festival can be thematic or issue-based but the outcome must be creative and for a live audience. The fund will not support digital projects, one-off exhibitions or performances.
We are taking positive action to achieve equal opportunities in our work and welcome applications from people of any race, nationality, ethnic origin, religion, socio-economic background, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, age or disability. We actively encourage those who feel marginalised or are currently under-represented in the arts to apply.
The selection panel will use the following criteria when assessing applications:
- An exciting, original, creative idea.
- Demonstration of a practical and achievable delivery plan.
- Evidence of community engagement.
- A realistic approach to finance and evaluation.
- A sound marketing and PR campaign.
- A commitment to diversity and equal opportunity.
There are three deadlines for applications as follows :
- 5pm on 19 February 2021 for projects starting between 1 April – 30 September 2021
- 5pm on 16 April 2021 for projects starting between 1 October – 31 December 2021
- 5pm on 30 July for projects starting between 1 January – 31 March 2022
Payments will be issued between 1 April 2021 and 31 March 2022. Please email Cheryl Pierce, Head of Performing Arts & Learning, Creative Folkestone if you have any questions email@example.com