A rolling programme of one to three months immersive residencies from January to April 2020 open to national and international creative practitioners across all art forms (artists, designers, writers, curators, etc.) to realise a project, undertake research, develop and expand their practice in Folkestone.
The residency programme is an open platform for those who wish to develop new ideas and to be part of a thriving artistic community. ‘Contra Culture’ will be the focus of our 2020’s arts programme. Successful candidates whose proposals imaginatively respond to the theme may benefit from our on-going research, and with the potential to be part of a group show developed by the HOP Projects team.
Dates and Duration of the Residency:
The residency is of between one to three months from January to April 2020.
Inquiries for specific residency periods are welcome and residents will be accepted on a rolling basis. HOP Projects will work with the selected artists to ensure that both the dates and duration of their residencies are as beneficial as possible for the artists.
- ability to work independently
- clearly conceived concept
- highly motivated, self-directed individuals
- at least two previous exhibitions (individually or as part of a team)
- 1-2 years of study in a relevant field or equivalent professional experience
- Self-catering accommodation.
- Project Space (36 sqm/390 sqft) is available outside our annual programme of public events as studio, workshop, or exhibition space if required.
- Audio-visual equipments including a PA system, mixer, monitors, a film projector etc. that is capable in facilitating a multi-media production;
- Logistic and production support from director and curator to ensure individual research and projects are realised to its full potential.
- Publically accessible archive that holds a record of past projects, publications and on-going research.
£ 950 month (self-funded) unless by invitation.
Interested artists/curators/researchers are advised to seek funding well in advance from sponsors/subsidising organisations. If selected for a residency, we can provide you with an official declaration of admittance as supporting document.
The application is open until 30 September 2019. Early submission is encouraged.