Intersections – The Story of Folkestone Mosque
Saturday 24 July, 6.30pm, Folkestone Islamic Cultural Centre and Quarterhouse
HoyCheong Wong, Shahed Saleem and Simon Davenport with Faruk Miah and Shaheen Chowdhury from Folkestone Mosque, on collaboration, making the artwork Nūr and the story of mosques in Britain.
Chair: Remona Aly.
Emergency on Planet Folkestone
Saturday 4 September, 6.30pm, Quarterhouse
Join our panel as we tackle some difficult questions. With environment expert Nicholas Thurston and artist Mike Stubbs. Chair: Charlotte Sleigh.
Breath and Water, Blood and Bones
Saturday 2 October, 4pm–7pm, St Mary
and St Eanswythe’s Church
Historian Lesley Hardy, Dr Sarah Montgomery and musician Grenville Hancox explore William Harvey, St Eanswythe and the circulation of breath, blood and myth in this ancient building.
Chair: Joanna Labon.
The Plot in The Clearing, Quarterhouse
Wednesdays 6.30pm – seven hosted talks
with expert speakers, drinks and conversation
- 15 September Emily Ghassempour: Why Diversity in Stories Matters.
- 22 September Helen Lindon: Art and Activism, Sea Levels and Folkestone.
- 29 September Brendan Walker: Folkestone Through the Eyes of a Thrill Engineer.
- 6 October Bob and Roberta Smith: What Art Education Can Do For A Town.
- 13 October Dan Atkinson: Plottymouth: Comic Triennial Review and Striptease (weather dependent).
- 20 October Pippa Catterall: Art, Placemaking and Inclusion.
- 27 October Lewis Biggs: Plotting: An Evening to Celebrate, Ask and Be Asked Questions.