The two Boards of Trustees of the Roger De Haan Charitable Trust and The Creative Foundation have agreed to establish and administer respectively a fund to encourage new festivals and artistic events. The purpose is to enliven and animate the arts scene in and around the old town and encourage participatory events for the benefit of the community and visitors alike. It is anticipated that projects will benefit from seed-corn funding to help realise projects that have merit and that might otherwise struggle to reach fruition. It is not envisaged that this should be the sole funding source.
A selection panel will determine the allocation of the funds available, and will consider applications from arts groups or organisations based in the Folkestone area with aspirations to develop:
• New and exciting festival ideas based around the Creative Quarter and harbour
• Artistic displays or exhibitions by local groups
• Live performance or street animation
The selection panel may use some or all of the following criteria when assessing applications:
• Demonstration of a sound, practical delivery plan
• How support and volunteers will be mobilised to contribute to the event
• Evidence of community engagement
• A sensible approach to finance and evaluation
How to apply:
Applications to the Arts and Festivals fund should be forwarded by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org or by post to The Chief Executive, Creative Foundation, 65-69 Tontine St, Folkestone CT20 1JR.
There is no timetable for applications, and the selection panel will meet as required, but please endeavour to apply at least three months in advance of the proposed date of the planned project.