From Monday 15 June to Friday 19 June we are working with South East Creatives to present Tech Week. Every day we will be exploring digital ideas and celebrating the artists and businesses using technology in and around Folkestone's Creative Quarter.
During the lockdown, we have all been forced to change the way we live, work and playmaking the most of digital tools. This made us think about the creatives that have been utilising technology for years as well as artists that have changed the way they work since lockdown began. So, throughout Tech Week we will be bringing ideas to you through webinars, blogs and social media takeovers.
Today we are proud to announce Tech Talks that you can enjoy from Monday. Our guest speakers include:
- Monday 15 June - Wayne Conyers: Global Thinking for Local Working
- Tuesday 16 June - Paul Simms & Fabrice Bourrelly: Designing architecture in virtual space
- Wednesday 17 June - Lucy Saxton: Working on a start-up app
- Thursday 18 June - Matt Rowe: Digital Heritage
- Friday 19 June - Paul Cochrane: The ever-changing role of Photographers
All the talks will be free to view on Facebook Live via the Creative Folkestone Facebook page. We are also inviting 10 people per talk to be our "live studio audience" on Zoom. Booking essential.
Tech Week will also offer us to thinking about how we can use digital tools and technology as we move into the future.
Tech Week is presented in partnership with South East Creatives and is an exploration of digital ideas in and around Folkestone.